- NICT may distribute statistical information created from the User Data to third parties. The statistical information may be used for commercial purposes. The statistical information will not contain personal information that can identify individuals.
- NICT uses the User Data for making improvements to the performance of speech and translation technologies. The User Data may be utilized in different forms; thus, the Users are responsible to refrain from inputting any personally identifiable information, private information, commercially confidential information, or any information that should be kept secret from third parties into “VoiceTra.”
- NICT may impose restrictions on the number of uses and/or usage time for “VoiceTra” in order to offer services to as many users as possible for performance evaluation and making improvements to the performance of speech translation technology. Users that are responsible for any usage that are deemed inappropriate by NICT, such as constant and large-scale organizational use, may also be subject to restrictions of use without prior notice.
- Users are fully responsible for the communication fees incurred from using “VoiceTra.” NICT strongly recommends Users to use packet flat-rate services provided by telecommunication carriers. NICT shall not be held responsible for any compensation of the telecommunication costs, whatsoever.
- NICT does not guarantee the accuracy of speech recognition, translation results and speech synthesis of “VoiceTra.” While NICT makes reasonable efforts to maintain the performance of “VoiceTra” to offer services without any communication disturbances, it does not imply that the services should be available at any desired time. Therefore, “VoiceTra” shall be refrained from being used for communications of critical importance or for emergency cases.
- NICT reserves the right to change or modify the specifications of “VoiceTra” without prior notice.
- “VoiceTra” is made available to the public, particularly to conduct field experiments (e.g. performance evaluation, making improvements, usability survey, business model verification). Therefore, the service period is indefinite and may be terminated without prior notice.
- It is strictly prohibited to apply any analysis or reverse engineering not only to functions and specifications of “VoiceTra” and relevant software that are downloaded onto users' terminal devices, but also to the speech recognition, translation and speech synthesis technologies on the server managed by NICT. In cases where such actions constitute a patent infringement or copyright violation that may be harmful, NICT shall issue an injunction or make a claim for the damages incurred.
- Whether expressly stated herein or not, NICT shall not be held responsible for any damages or losses incurred from using “VoiceTra.” NICT does not make any guarantee that the use of “VoiceTra” is legitimate in all countries and regions including Japan.